Hi All! New list member here.

I was wondering if I could get a little help with a problem I am having when
I load a databse into a Solaris mysql instance.

I had populated a database that acts as a content repository for a web site
on my personal PC (Windows) as a proof of concept. The site works fine in
this environment.

I have since gotten approval to move the site to one of our Solaris servers
(Sol 2.6).

I have tried various methods of moving the database from the PC to the
Solaris system: copying the files directly, using backup, restore, import,
etc. directly from one mysql to another, using data and schema exports from
within phpMyAdmin. In each instance I still come up with the standard PHP
invalid resource error once I attempt to load the web site.

Sounds like a PHP problem, right? That's what I thought too until I
connected directly to the database on my PC as opposed to the one local to
the Solaris box. Everything works fine! Additionally, I have not altered any
of the PHP scripts.

I was wondering if there was some kind of processing of the data that must
be done when moving the data from a PC MySQL to a Solaris MySQL? I didn't
think there would be but that is kind of what it is looking like to me at
this point. When I browse the table from mysql or from phpMyAdmin they look
identical as far as I can tell visually.

Any insights or help appreciated.

Thanks!