Chris,

    The first thing to do is try and access the data from the database on
the Solaris box.  This will show you if there is a problem with MySql.  As
for the data, there isn't anything you need to do it "except" make sure the
permissions are correct on the data directory and its contents.  Try this
from the Solaris box,
mysql -u <username_for_webapp> -p
Enter password:<webapp's_password>
mysql> show databases;
+-----------------------+
| Database                      |
+-----------------------+
| <your_database>         |
| mysql                           |
| test                               |
+-----------------------+
3 rows in set (0.01 sec)
mysql> use <your_database>;

Database changed
mysql> show tables;
<lists all of your tables>

Then try a simple select, like:
select * from <small_table>;

If all of this works then the problem probably isn't MySql, however, I think
you will identify the problem before reaching the end :-)

Scott Helms
Director of Technology, ZCorum