Hi Kathy,

I don't have that file in my folder, but it still
starts.

Colin.

To fix this i checked the hostname.err file in
mysql/data. From looking at this i found the lines
that  gave me errors, i played around with these and
ended up getting an error like 'the socket is already
binded' or something ( i put in the host name
--host=).
I found out that there was the a version of mysql was
already on the machine, i was able to take it off, and
hey presto, i haven't had the problem since

--- Kathy Reyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> if I dont have the mysql.sock running in the temp
> folder how do I start
> it???
> I tried service mysql start and it did work it give
> me the same error in the
> subject line....

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Trouble unsubscribing? Try: