A few weeks ago, my mysql 3.23.46 server spontaneously started changing
its data directory to /var/tmp/ once or twice a week, and once or twice
a day for a short span. Nothing in the error file. Anyone seen anything
like this or have any idea what's going on? I changed the data directory
to a completely different location, but it just did it again. Very
irritating.

Age

  Adriano "Age" Manocchia          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Cornell University               AIM/Yahoo/MSN: SalsaSharkNet
  http://salsashark.net/age        ICQ: 5962736
  "The capacity to blunder slightly is the real marvel of DNA.
  Without this special attribute, we would still be anaerobic
  bacteria, and there would be no music." -Lewis Thomas