Russell E Glaue mentioned:

> On the mysql-internals mail list we had a thread going about this. I was
> suggesting something like embedding PERL into MySQL to produce something
> like PERL/SQL (similar to PL/SQL in oracle).
> Unfortunately, although promising and liked among people of the list,
> there are no plan right now to develop anything like this. Atleast no one
> has taken the initiative to look into this.
>
> Would anyone on this list be interested in something like MySQL PERL/SQL?

In a theoretical sense, I'll vote for it.

(I say theoretical, because I have yet to convince the management at my
current shop of the advantages of perl "over PHP or Java". Still have to
show them that it gains more than it costs to have perl as an additional
tool.)

Don't have much time, but if you have some short tasks that might help lay
some groundwork, let me know.

Joel Rees
Alps Giken Kansai Systems Develoment
Suita, Osaka