MySQL version 3.23.32
(please don't ask me to upgrade to the newest version of mysql as an answer)

Everytime the replication server gets reset, the slave properties gets all
messed up
I am assuming the master.info gets trashed

Is this a known issue for this version?

Anyways, I can use the CHANGE MASTER TO  to fix most of the settings ( lucky
for me stuff like possition doesnt get changed, it just ends up in a
different field, like the host name )

Except for the Connect_Retry which is set at 0, and I would like it at 60.
How do I change that? I tried changing the master.info, but the settings
don't take on the server

Also, is there a fix for this version of mysql so my slave settings dont
mess up?

Luc Foisy