Use CHAR, not TEXT for Nombre and Password
Also, INT will NOT be set to length of 1 in permiso

-----Original Message-----
From: Gastón Sancassano [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 12:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SQl query in MySQL (1)

My name is Gastón Sancassano and I would like to make some questions about
MySQL because I am a novice.

My question is:

 - How does PRYMARY KEY and UNIQUE works?

My problem is that I want to create a table with 3 columns (Nombre, Password
and Permiso) and I don't like to have the name repeated (without case
sensitive). I execute this in mysql:

 mysql> CREATE TABLE Usuarios (
    -> Nombre TEXT NOT NULL,
    -> Password TEXT NOT NULL,
    -> Permiso INT(1),
    -> PRIMARY KEY(Nombre));

 and the error message is:

 ERROR 1170: BLOB column 'Nombre' used in key specification without a key
length

 How can I create this table?.

 Thanks very much,

                                     Gastón