I forgot to point out that this is InnoDB

I've searched Google and found the following disquiteing thing:
http://www.innodb.com/oldbugs.html:

"Closed or old bug reports: Almost all of these bugs have been fixed. There are some
old bug reports where the cause of the bug was never found, but because there have
been no bug reports for newer versions of InnoDB, these reports are not considered
actual any more. "
<snip>
August 13, 2001:
    The fsync problem which was fixed in 3.23.40b and .41 could cause the following
warning message on some Unix flavors:

Innobase: Warning: difficult to find free blocks from
Innobase: the buffer pool! Consider increasing the
Innobase: buffer pool size.

If you encounter the above message, upgrade to 3.23.41."

However, I'm already using a newer vresion than that:

ccs012:~ # rpm -qa |grep mysql
mysql-shared-3.23.44-5
mysql-Max-3.23.44-5
mysql-devel-3.23.44-5
mysql-navigator-1.2.3-106
mysql-client-3.23.44-5
mysql-3.23.44-5
mysql-bench-3.23.44-5
ccs012:~ #

This is a mission critical DB. Am I the lucky un-fortunate to re-dicover this
supposedly fixed bug?

JW >I'm getting this error messge constantly in my error log:
JW >
JW >020406 18:02:50 ***********************************************
JW >InnoDB: Warning: difficult to find free blocks from
JW >InnoDB: the buffer pool (200 search iterations)! Consider
JW >InnoDB: increasing the buffer pool size.
JW >InnoDB: It is also possible that in your Unix version
JW >InnoDB: fsync is very slow, or completely frozen inside
JW >InnoDB: the OS kernel. Then upgrading to a newer version
JW >InnoDB: of your operating system may help. Look at the
JW >InnoDB: number of fsyncs in diagnostic info below.
JW >InnoDB: Pending flushes (fsync) log: 0; buffer pool: 0
JW >InnoDB: 5703 OS file reads, 502 OS file writes, 82 OS fsyncs
JW >InnoDB: Starting InnoDB Monitor to print further
JW >InnoDB: diagnostics to the standard output.
JW >
JW >Running SuSE Linux 7.3:
JW >
JW >ccs012:/var/lib/mysql # uname -a ; df -h ; free -m
JW >Linux ccs012 2.4.10-64GB-SMP #1 SMP Fri Sep 28 17:26:36 GMT 2001 i686 unknown
JW >Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
JW >/dev/sda7              67G   59G  8.2G  88% /
JW >/dev/sda5              63M   36M   26M  58% /boot
JW >shmfs                1007M     0 1006M   0% /dev/shm
JW >             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
JW >Mem:          2013       2008          4          0         10        657
JW >-/+ buffers/cache:       1340        672
JW >Swap:         1035          0       1035
JW >
JW >
JW >TIA
JW >
JW >--
JW >
JW >----------------------------------------------------
JW >Jonathan Wilson
JW >System Administrator
JW >Clickpatrol.com
JW >Cedar Creek Software     http://www.cedarcreeksoftware.com
JW >
JW >
JW >
JW >---------------------------------------------------------------------
JW >Before posting, please check:
JW >   http://www.mysql.com/manual.php   (the manual)
JW >
JW >To request this thread, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
JW >To unsubscribe, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
JW >Trouble unsubscribing? Try: http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php
JW >
JW >
JW >