I am having problems getting the "load data local infile" working.

I am running Mac OS X 10.1.3 build 5Q110 with all available updates
installed.

I had installed version 3.23.49 from
http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/mysql/ and found that a change was
made in verion 3.23.49 as related to the use of local files. I added
--local-infile=1 when I run mysql and the command was accepted. The problem
I was then having is that if I issued the following command

load data local infile 'mt2308.dat' into table mt2308 ;

mt2308.dat was not found. I had to specify the fully qualified file name for
the command to work. This is a change from the way it used to work as I
recall. It was the case that at one time this command would find the file if
the file was in the current working directory.

I then went to www.mysql.com and looked at what binary distributions were
there for Mac OS X. First I downloaded version 3.23.49 but when I tried to
run that version /usr/lib/libpthread.A.dylib was not found. I could not find
where I could get this library.

I then picked up version 3.23.47 and although I did not need to use
--local-infile=1 the file was not find unless I specified the fully
qualified file name.

Two questions. First, what can I do to get the MySQL version 3.23.49 working
on my system so I have the current version of the software? Second, what can
be done so I do not need to specify the fully qualified file name?

I am a software developer and to facilitate the exchange of setups it would
be nice not to have to specify the fully qualified name. As I mentioned this
is the way it used to work in some recent version. I do not know what
version made it necessary to specify the full name.

Thanks for any help with these items.
--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]