At 17:52 -0700 4/8/02, Jim Dickenson wrote:
>I am having problems getting the "load data local infile" working.
>
>I am running Mac OS X 10.1.3 build 5Q110 with all available updates
>installed.
>
>I had installed version 3.23.49 from
>http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/mysql/ and found that a change was
>made in verion 3.23.49 as related to the use of local files. I added
>--local-infile=1 when I run mysql and the command was accepted. The problem
>I was then having is that if I issued the following command
>
>load data local infile 'mt2308.dat' into table mt2308 ;
>
>mt2308.dat was not found. I had to specify the fully qualified file name for
>the command to work. This is a change from the way it used to work as I
>recall. It was the case that at one time this command would find the file if
>the file was in the current working directory.

I don't have any problem with unqualified filenames under Mac OS X.
Still works like it used to.

Perhaps --local-infiile=1 isn't actually having any effect, so the server
is still really  reading the file.  Do you have the FILE privilege?  If
so, that might be the case.  You can test that by making the file mode
600 so it's readable only to you, and then loading the file with the
full pathname.  If that's what's happening, the server will no longer
be able to read it.  (Assuming it doesn't run as you.)

I suppose another possibility is that you're not really running mysql
in the same directory where the file is located, although that seems
unlikely -- unless maybe "mysql" is actually aliases to something
weird.