When a slave crashes or reboots, it should start replicating from where it
left off--at least ours do work that way.  The current replication state
is saved in master.info on the slave and when it starts up again, it
should read that file and resume reading the binlog on the master where it
left off.  The master.info file contains the binlog#, location, user,
password, etc... neccessary to restart replication.

In you case, does the slave give you any error messages in it's error log
about why it couldn't resume replication?  If it doesn't try to start
replication, have you tried doing a 'slave start' on the slave after it
reboots?

-Marc