You need to login to the mysql client program and then use the source command:

for example login with:

         mysql -u root -p

once running type:

         source dumpfilename.sql

If you can't do it this way, consider using an alternate GUI program like
mysql-front (mysqlfront.de).  That's it!  Hope it helps.

Craig Ostrander

At 07:56 PM 4/13/2002, you wrote:
>Hi--
>
>I'm trying to transfer information from a MySQL database on one server to a
>MySQL database on another server.
>
>I am using PHPMyAdmin.
>
>For small tables in the database, no problem. I just do the dump (data and
>structure) to a file. Then i either copy the contents of that file into the
>'Run SQL query/queries' dialog box or upload it from the file using browse.
>Quick and easy.
>
>But for moderate size (e.g., 232 KB) files it's not working. The file dump
>is fine, but when i try to paste in the contents from the file into the
>dialog box it doesn't take. No error message or anything ... it just doesn't
>show (too big?). Also when i try to upload via the 'browse' option it
>doesn't work.
>
>Any ideas. there's gotta be a way to transfer these large data files ...
>that's what MySQL's all about, right?
>

>Thanks for the help,
>
>Chris

Craig Ostrander
Blue Forest Software and Development Inc
Database Design Consultants Worldwide
MySQL  //  SAP DB // Oracle //  Microsoft  SQL Server  // Microsoft Access
Need help now?  [EMAIL PROTECTED] or +1 530 326 5680

spam filter:
sql,query