From: Craig Westerman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 8:17 PM
To: MySQL List
Subject: MySQL counter for HIGH traffic site

I'm needing counter for site that receives 80 to 120 hits a minute at
peak
load. Many I
have tried cause excessive server load and need to be deactivated or
they
lose data and return to zero without warning. All tried so far have been
written in Perl writing to a file.

Anyone here know of a counter that would handle HIGH traffic with little
added server load? Would using MySQL to store count be of any benifit?

Would Perl or PHP be faster for writing count to MySQL?

Thanks

Craig ><>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---