I understand. Bad to hear. :-(

I think there would be important to implement features to be able
to set different character sets for each table, or to change
character sets dynamically without the need to restart MySQL server.

This would be especially important for the ORDER BY string
collations (result ordering, sorting) ...

Where should I suggest this feature?
Is there any place where suggestions can be sent?

Thanks,
Webmaster33