On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 02:44:32PM +0200, Roger Baklund wrote:
> * Sven Huster
> >
> > This manual is f@#$% up, since it seems like there is no manual for
> > stable versions online or at least some annotations that say in which
> > version a feature was introduced (it's not nice to lookup every change
> > in the ChangeLog).
> > I suspected that the online version reflects the most recent stable
> > not some development version.
>
> There is a full documentation in different formats, including HTML,
> following every distribution. The web based manual is a extra _free_ service
> provided by MySQL AB.
>
> The online docs needs to be of _some_ version, and it is obviously better to
> have the 'current' version than to have some random version used by some
> random user... agree?

Disagree, if there is only one manual it *must* be, for my understanding,
be of the current *stable* version. I do not suspect the random user to be
a alpha release user.

But one question here:
Is it such big problem to put all versions on and create some hyperlinks
to them?
Seems like this, cause i thought it might be good practice to do so.

I also thought it would have been nice to put on a release schedual on the
web site. I suggested this to the MySQL AB representant for Germany (as i
am located there) but never ever heard from him again.
So any comment is better than no comment.
Btw: The commuication was initiated by this guy.

> I agree that the annotations could have been better. But I disagree with the
> way you communicate this to MySQL AB & the rest of the mysql community... :)
>
> I took this off-list, feel free to take it back to the list or to reply to
> me in private.

So i say sorry to the community.
That's the reason to put it on-list again.

I think, I was driven by my bad expireance with the MySQL AB support of which
I was a former paying customer.

Regards
Sven