Hello.

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 02:15:33PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[...]
> > I assume you are referring to the online manual? It's documenting the
> > most recent version. According to the change history (Appendix D),
> > this optimization was introduced in version 4.0.2.
>
> I see, thanks for that one.
>
> This manual is f@#$% up, since it seems like there is no manual for
> stable versions online

A copy of the manual for your version of MySQL accompanied your copy
of MySQL. At last should have. And if not, it's online in a
downloadable format. Only - but it's not as if there was no copy
available.

I agree that a searchable version for the stable branch would be nice,
anyhow.

> or at least some annotations that say in which version a feature was
> introduced (it's not nice to lookup every change in the ChangeLog).

If you have read some more of the manual, you will notice that most
features have such annotations, except if they are long established.

> I suspected that the online version reflects the most recent stable
> not some development version.

You are right, that could be stated more obviously.

Bye,

        Benjamin.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]