Hello olinux,

If I were in your shoes, I would put not only paths to images into a separate
table, but also a field called "content" and probably title, summary,
author and linked all this stuff together via ID-like fields which are
primary keys in those new tables. Then articles table can be searched
through much faster, and title, summary, author data can be quickly retrieved
using primmary keys ONLY when this data is needed. So you first search
a very compact table where most of the fields are
indexes or parts of indexes, and THEN, using primary keys, retrieve big pieces of data
which you do not have to search through  (and nothing, I guess,
works faster in MySQL than retrieval of a single record by it's primary
key). Run your queries with EXPLAIN, it will probably explain it
less verbously than me :).

Regards,

Tom