Hmm,

That's what I thought I was doing by putting the
common fields of each article type in a single table.
I do need to rethink the search functions. Was
thinking of a fulltext index on title and
article_content fields.

basic table is
id | type | author | date | last_update | title |
keywords | article_content

Since most frequent request will be on the date field,
that will be first, but I need to put learn more of
fulltext indexes and probably index keywords, title,
article content.

Thanks much,
olinux