Hi,

I'm trying to convert a database I have from M$ Access to Mysql.  I've done
this pretty successfully but have come across a couple of sticky problems.
I have been using first & last aggregate functions within Access for some
certain complex queries.  It would make my life a lot simpler and more
efficient if I could create/find a similar function with mysql.  I have
spent the last couple of days searching the net for some information on this
issue and have found that short of writing my own in gcc I out of luck.

I have managed to compile the udf_example.cc libraries that come with Mysql.
I was wondering, has anyone out there got some source code for a first &
last function?  I haven't done any C programming for 7+ years and even then
it was only minimal.  So I'm only a newbe in that area.  I would love to get
our database ported to Mysql but without this its going to make it pretty
difficult.

Ideas or alternative solutions anyone?

Thanks Heaps

Cheers