I have version 3.23.41-max-debug running on Windows 2000 SP2. I have MySQL
installed as a service and can use NET START MYSQL and NET STOP MYSQL to
start and stop the server. One unusual item is that it takes about 30
seconds for the NET STOP to finish executing. The NET START is very fast as
is MYSQLADMIN SHUTDOWN.

Is this behavior typical? Anything to be concerned about?

Thanks,

Dave

PS - I don't know why the "debug" is part of the version (obtained from
SELECT VERSION()). I installed as a service using "mysqld-max --install".