Egor Egorov wrote:

>Nick,
>Wednesday, April 24, 2002, 3:59:26 PM, you wrote:
>
>NG> I have encountered a problem with MySQL 4.0.0 and 4.0.1 in which I am
>NG> unable to bet a lock on a table with any userid except root.
>
>NG> Here is my environment:
>NG> Sun 450
>NG> Solaris 2.8
>NG> MyISAM tables
>
>NG> Any ideas on how this problem could be solved?
>
>Since version 4.0 user must have SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT
>privileges to lock tables.
>
>NG> Thanks,
>NG> Nick Gilliam

Thanks for the reply.  The user has the following privileges:  SELECT,
UPDATE, CREATE, INSERT, DELETE, DROP, INDEX, REFERENCES, ALTER.  The
user has these same privileges for every table in the database, but this
is the only one he cannot lock.  This was not an initial problem but
occurred later.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick