dOMi writes:

>However, after only a week the memory usage ocf this process
>has been grown to 40 - 50 MB so there's have to leakage somewhere.

What you *may* be seeing is standard memory fragmentation that many
Unix' systems have with the standard allocator.. You don't mention
what platform you're on -- I'm assuming Unix.  We've seen some of
our in-house software running for weeks at a time run into issues
such as this.  While there were some minor leaks in our case, they
just didn't account for the large amounts of overhead/process size
over time.  It really depends on what is being done behind the scenes
with allocations, etc..  If you're on a Linux system, the standard
allocator on that platform is better than most about keeping those
sorts of things from happening...  If all else fails, you could
always plug something like Hoard in just for fun to see if the problem
goes away (it's free)..

Hoard : http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/emery/hoard/

-- Rick

spamfilter : sql,query