Dear Group members

Well I'm a bit stumped

I've gone around a few times trying to get mysql working again on my server.

Here is a current list of processes running - and it seems that mysqld is
running (twice) - bother are idle (I). Is it safe to send a kill command to
these processes? (and what syntax should I use - freebsd), and then - how do
I start mysql again?

ps
  PID  TT  STAT      TIME COMMAND
29798  p0  Is+    0:00.00  (bash)
 5404  p2  I+     0:00.00  (mysqld)
27545  p2  Is     0:00.00  (bash)
24642  p3  Is+    0:00.00  (bash)
15886  p4  Ss+    0:00.00  (bash)
18966  p5  Ss     0:00.00  (bash)
19134  p5  R+     0:00.00  (ps)
  658 con- I      0:00.00  (mysqld)

Thanks to Gelu for his patience: unfortunately his suggestion of
Gelu> Go to /etc/init.d and type : ./mysql(d) restart
didn't work for me, as I do not have init.d in /etc - I have searched for
ti, but not there.

Ian