On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:27:24 +1000
"Ian Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks to Gelu for his patience: unfortunately his suggestion of
> Gelu> Go to /etc/init.d and type : ./mysql(d) restart
> didn't work for me, as I do not have init.d in /etc - I have searched for
> ti, but not there.

but if u using freebsd with linux compability u should find mysql.sh (or something
like that) in directory /usr/local/etc/init.d/

and just type /usr/local/etc/init.d/mysql.sh stop ...... to stop
and /usr/local/etc/init.d/mysql.sh start ..... to start it again ;-)

or also you can do with
        mysqladmin -p shutdown
or
        killall -9 safe_mysqld && killall -9 mysqld

feel free to choose :D

--
Let's call it an accidental feature.
        -- Larry Wall