Hello,

I have problems with connecting to a mysql database. I use a global
MYSQL handle in the module. The connection is created in
module_child_init() function and closed in module_child_exit(). It
seems, that the connection works only for the first request after
apache has been restarted. After that there is no connection and no new
connection will be created.
What the module do is to read data from HEAP tables from MySQL in a
handler function.
Maybe is using global MYSQL handle not a good solution?

Thanks for help.

Robert Vetter
Internet Application Developer
Kontor23 GmbH