hi,

    I want to insert binary structure into the mysql blob column.
I have a my own structure called MSG_STRUCT msg_struct;

Now i want to insert the whole structure (binary) into table having a column
of blob data type. I tried by

end = strmov(query,"INSERT INTO retry (msisdn, msg) values(");
*end++ = '\'';
end += mysql_real_escape_string(*sql, end,"919845033333",11);
*end++ = '\'';
*end++ = ',';
*end++ = '\'';
end += mysql_real_escape_string(*sql, end, msg_struct, sizeof(msg_struct));
*end++ = '\'';
*end++ = ')';

I have mysql Ver 11.15 Distrib 3.23.41, for pc-linux-gnu (i686). I have
included the -lmysqlclient library but it says undefined reference for
strmov. What lib do i include for strmov ?

Also when the value is inserted into the blob field....what will i see in
the table ? binary or hex value ? When i retrieve that field by select msg
from retry;.....what format will i get the binary data ? Do i need to do any
conversion ?

Please guide me regarding inserting blob (binary) type and including strmov
function.

Thank you
Chirag