Hello to all,

I've had some severe issues on redhat-7.x boxes and
mysql compiled from source with gcc-2.96 much like
the warning states on the download page. On these boxes,
more than say 20-25 concurrent or near-concurrent connects
produced unexpected results with PHP4.

Replacing the binaries compiled from source with binaries
from mysql.com did not in itself provide the cure. It
wasn't until I recompiled PHP with the static client libs
provided in the binary download did this problem go away.
It seems that the client .so compiled with gcc-2.96 was
the problem, but I could be wrong.

The gcc-2.96 issue has been around since early 2000.

I'm have to mention that I've read the statement put out
by gnu on the gcc-2.96 issue and I think its a joke, but
I'm wondering if there is any update on the official
mysql take is on that whole thing. Since there seems to
still be issues with gcc-3.nn, it appears this might
get worse, or stay bad for quite a while, before it gets
any better.

Best Regards
Mike Robinson