Win/98
MySQL 3.23.46

I'm trying to use AUTO_INCREMENT=1000 to specify my staring value in an
ID column in batch mode, but it doesn't want to work. I can get it to
work in interactive mode though.

In a file (create_tables.sql) I have:

CREATE TABLE Respondents (UserID SMALLINT UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT NOT
NULL PRIMARY KEY,
                          UserLastName VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL,
                          UserFirstName VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
                          UserEmail VARCHAR(60) NOT NULL,
                          UserPhoneAC CHAR(3) NOT NULL,
                          UserPhoneNum VARCHAR(8) NOT NULL,
                          UserPhoneExt VARCHAR(5),
                          UserLevel VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
                          UserFoundBy VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL,
                          KeyDM ENUM('Y','N') NOT NULL,
                          DMPositionTitle VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL,
                          IPAddr VARCHAR(15) NOT NULL,
                          IPName VARCHAR(100))
                          AUTO_INCREMENT=1000;

which I am then loading into mysql like this:

c:\mysql\data\mydb mysql mydb < create_tables.sql

No errors, but when I populate the table with values (also from a file),
the values for UserID start at 1, not 1000. The values I'm inserting for
UserID are all 'null' (without quotes).
--
/* All outgoing email scanned by Norton Antivirus 2002 */
Amer Neely, Softouch Information Services