Sorry I found a mistake in my text. $pass pwd, like it is used in the php.

One more thing: I guess it's the php.ini. there are a few differences
with the two versions. if you want to compare i'll send you the two
phpinfo-files to compare.
The script doesn't work when the username is compared with the entered
username. It's always going to the 'check Username' section.

Please help me :--((