Hi all:

Can someone (who knows this sort of thing) give a
layman's introduction to the interplay between
various gcc versions and various mysql versions
(3.49, 3.50, 4.01 etc) ? I have some linux boxes
and don't really want to have to install/use gcc 3.x
(because then I have the hassle of multiple gcc's
on my system, as I need 2.95.x for other purposes).

I don't really know gcc too well so if I download
the *binary* versions of the upcoming mysql 3.50
or even 4.x, what exactly would I have to
install on my system, gcc-wise ?

Thanks and best regards,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]