At 9:59 -0600 5/15/02, Colin Faber wrote:
>Hi,
>
>as far as I know the only way that can be correct is to have one of the
>committers rename the files them selves that have duplicate names. Since
>windows isn't smart enough to realize that "ABC" doesn't mean "abc".
>
>Good luck getting it working under windows ;-)

The same thing happens under Mac OS X, which also uses case-insensitive
filenames.  One way around this is to clone the tree onto a system
that has case sensitive filenames, tar it up and move it to the system
where you really want it, and unpack it.  One of the "duplicate" files
will replace the other, but in this case it doesn't really matter
because they're supposed to be deleted files anyway.