I understand that a query like SELECT... FOR UPDATE will lock other
threads from being able to modify those records in any way, however,
other threads can still read them. I would like to be able to SELECT say
10 records and place a READ and WRITE lock on those rows so that the
next SELECT thread will not grab those and will go on to the rows after
those locked from the first thread. Is this possible? Anyone have any
ideas on how this could be done?

Thank you in advance!

Andrew