Probably a very simple one for you guys, but I'm stuck.
Given a simple table (events):
id      int
st      time not null
et      time not null

I know I can get duration by converting st and et to secs and subtracting
(that bits easy), but how would I go about getting the gap between
successive records IN MY SQL STATEMENT (without processing the result set
in my application language (php)): i.e.
id      st      et
1       09:00   10:00
2       10:15   10:45
3       11:45   12:00
i.e. my result wants to be (assuming data is good, and sort by st)

id      st      et      gap_since_last_row
1       09:00   10:00   0 (no prev row)
2       10:15   10:45   0:15
3       11:45   12:00   1:00
I suspect I should be using SQL variables, but docs seem a bit opaque.

Anyone point me in right direction ?

David.