Hello,

I have a problem in an Apache module which connects to MySQL using C
API for counting banner views and clicks.
This module creates a report table for each day. This table is called
report_YYYYMMDD, where YYYYMMDD is the current day. To keep thing
simple I just make following query first:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS report_YYYYMMDD (PRIMARY KEY (banner_id))
SELECT id as banner_id,0 as clicks, 0 as views from banners.

This means that a new table is created after the first HTTP request
after midnight. In all other cases this query should be ignored by
MySQL server. Right after that this table is updated:

UPDATE report_YYYYMMDD set clicks=clicks+1 WHERE banner_id=XXX

or:

UPDATE report_YYYYMMDD set views=views+1 WHERE banner_id=XXX

Well, funny things are happening here. After the first request the
table is created and everything is fine. But when the next one comes
the table is deleted! MySQL Log file says nothing.
Can somone tell me what's going on?
MySQL Version is 3.23.49 and runs on a Linux system (compiled from
sources).

Thanks

--

Robert Vetter