Hi
I'm new with mySQl and I'm experiencing problems when using it with
myODBC (my OS is W2000).

I developped a short program which uses myODBC to insert and
retrieves values from a mySql table. The problem I have is : When I
send,threw myODBC,
a query  such that:

    insert into table1 values('éé')

the value inserted in table1 is not 'éé' but 'ÙÙ'.

Then if I send the query

    select * from table1 where field='ee'

('ee' being different from 'éé' and 'ÙÙ') I get the line with the value
'éé'.

Could someone tell me why ?

I think the problems has nothing do with the program I wrote
because I have the same results with the software ODBCTest
(ODBCTE32.EXE) included in the myODBC package.

The character set I use with mySql is the default character
set, Latin1, and everything works fine as long as I don't
use MyOdbc.

Could someone tell me what I did wrong...
Thanks in advance
jp