On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 10:43:58AM -0700, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
: Heikki,
:
: That reminds me of an InnoDB wish-list item I have.  I like the level
: of detail provided in the InnoDB monitor output.  However, I'd really
: like to be available via MySQL rather than just in the logs.  That
: will make it a lot easier to collect the data remotely and write apps
: that can monitor and make use of the data.
:
: Have you given any thought to that?  (I have no idea what the effort
: would be like, but it's can't hurt to ask...)

Just for the record, we second that notion.  It's a pain in the
ass using the InnoDB table monitor simply because it dumps so much
output into the log files.  There are times when we just want to
grab the status at a particular moment, like how one would do SHOW
TABLE STATUS or SHOW PROCESSLIST.

* Philip Molter
* Texas.net Internet
* http://www.texas.net/