David,

DS> I've implemented a full-text index on several of my database fields in a
DS> table, populated those fields with some very simple, yet distinct records,
DS> and have run recommended queries against that table. Alas, I still end up
DS> getting back empty query sets. I have read about having a minimum of 3
DS> records in my table to retrieve results, which I do have. Can anyone offer
DS> up their interpretation of a proper fulltext query (there doesn't seem to be
DS> one good way in the online docs)???

David, when you get some non-expected results, please send in the mail-list
the full info, i.e. your SQL statement, your table structure (use
DESCRIBE) and so on.

If you get empty result set it could be because of:

1. Incorrect SELECT statemnt;
2. 50% threshold, i.e. your search word is contained in more that 50%
rows in the table.
3. Something wrong in full-text search.

DS> Thanks.
DS> -D

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
       <___/   www.mysql.com