Can you backup/restore just one MySQL database with InnoDB hot backup? From
what I gather it's an all or nothing proposition. As I understand it,
there's only one "tablespace" (with any number of data files) and all
database tables of type 'InnoDB' are comingled in the one tablespace.
Therefore, if a single datafile becomes corrupt, all the databases with
InnoDB type tables are down and you have to restore everything. Is that
right? If so are there any plans to have multiple named tablespaces?

We have a single server with 150+ databases (one for each hosted customer).
If one customer database goes down then we can restore the MYISAM type
tables without affecting the 24X7 availability for the other 149 customers.
However, if we convert tables to type InnoDB and a data file is corrupted or
lost, then all databases are down and we have to restore EVERYTHING. Is this
correct?

Sincere thanks in advance...