On 9/6/02 at 02:32, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Tom Harris) wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am new to the mailing list so I apologise in advance if I am posting
> the wrong place. Please direct me if I am wrong.
>
> With Mac OS 10.1.5:
>
> Configuring like this was okay:
[...]
> Then issuing "make" went fine and compilation proceeded for a long
> while and
> then:
[...]
> sql_udf.cc:57: dlfcn.h: No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [sql_udf.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>
> Further reading on various places on the internet seems to indicate
> that
> this header file (dlfcn.h) is not included with the Apple Developer
> Kit
[...]
> Is it necessary for me to go through the process of installing the
> 'dlcompat' package and if so, I wonder why that is not mentioned in
> any of
> the material about compilation on OS X.
>
> Can anyone answer my rather convoluted question? Thanks

Not really but have you considered using Marc Liyanage's binary installation of MySQL
(in fact, I believe he also has a source install as well)?

You can find it at:

<http://www.entropy.ch.com/>

Many, many Mac OS X users (including myself) have used this and found it excellent and
painless in the installation and use of.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Phil.