Good afternoon!

I have a table of subscribers from which I select data to create another
table which will indicate which of these subscribers should get a reminder
letter. I need to set a column in the subscriber file indicating the date of
the reminder, so that the subscriber will not be sent another reminder. So I
need to compare subscriber to reminder and set a column in subscriber based
on matches in reminder;

UPDATE Subscriber
SET Subscriber.DateOfReminderLetter = CURRENT_DATE()
WHERE Subscriber.IDN = Reminder.IDN

Of course you cannot do that. I have searched the documentation. There is
also this;

INSERT INTO Subscriber (ReminderDate)
SELECT Reminder.ReminderDate
FROM Reminder, Subscriber
WHERE Reminder.IDN = Subscriber.IDN

Which you also cannot do.

Anyone have any ideas on how this can be done?

TIA!!

Jay
sql, mysql, query

"The very existence of flame throwers indicates that someone once thought,
"Hey, I'd like to set that guy over there on fire." -- George Carlin