Carlos,

CFSA> I've got some records of a Database that I would like to duplicate if
CFSA> possible with an statement.

CFSA> The table has Code, Model, Year, units. The primary key is Code, Model and
CFSA> Year. What I need is to duplicate Code, Model and units for a different
CFSA> year.

CFSA> Say I want to duplicate all records which Code are N200 and N205 with the
CFSA> same model and same units but for year 2003.

CFSA> Is there any select and insert/replace statement to acomplish this?

CFSA> There are about 3.000 records and doing that manually is impossible. I am
CFSA> considering dump the whole file to a .csv and change year to 2003 and then
CFSA> reinsert it.

CFSA> Is there any way to do it in a smart way? Meaning an SQL statement.

You can't do it with one SQL statement. MySQL has INSERT .. SELECT and
REPLACe .. SELECT statements but you can't retrieve data from the same
table into which you are inserting. What about inserting necessary
data into temporary table and than upload them into your table?

You can find info about INSERT .. SELECT and REPLACE .. SELECT at:
    http://www.mysql.com/doc/I/N/INSERT_SELECT.html
    http://www.mysql.com/doc/R/E/REPLACE.html

CFSA> Thank you,
CFSA> Carlos Fernando.

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov
       <___/   www.mysql.com