-----Mensagem original-----
De: Galen Wright-Watson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 20 de junho de 2002 18:18
Para: Flavio Reis
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Assunto: Re: Problems with SQL_SELECT_LIMIT

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Flavio Reis wrote:

> Hi.
> I have an urgent question:
> How can I set the variable sql_select_limit as a global variable, which
> everytime that I open the MySQL it's set to the value that I determinated.
> want to know how set this variable in the mysql.conf (where and how), not
> inside the BD!
> Thank you!!!
> Flávio

After going through the documentation (and messing with the server
configuration file), it appears there is no method of setting
sql_select_limit
(or select_limit) from the server config file.  However, if you're running
MySQL
on a Unix system, you could 'alias mysql "mysql -O select_limit=$LIMIT"' in
the
global login scripts, or 'mv mysql mysql.orig' and create a shell script
called
'mysql' with the line 'mysql -O select_limit=$LIMIT"' (replace $LIMIT with
whatever value you want).