On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Flavio Reis wrote:

> Hi Galen!
> The problem is that command act on client, I need a command to act on server
> (mysqld)!
> Thanks
> []s
> Flavio

select_limit is a client variable, not a server variable.  A second look at the
documentation suggests adding the line "set-variable = select_limit=$LIMIT"
to the [client] section will do the trick, but this option only has an affect
if --safe-updates is specified on the command line or safe-updates is put
in the [client] section.  See manual section 4.1.2 for more on my.cnf and
section 4.8.2 for more on the --safe-updates option.