For theory and history, I found the manual to be an excellent place to start...

  http://www.mysql.com/manual.php

and have a walk through the tutorial starting with:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/o/Connecting-disconnecting.html

At 05:05 PM Saturday, 6/22/2002, Timothy J. Luoma wrote -=>

>I've looked through Google and the MySQL website without luck.
>
>I'm looking to find a place which discusses the theory of how one should
>create a database, how to organize the information, etc.
>
>There's got to be a good site out there, but I'm obviously plugging in the
>wrong search terms or something.

Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
A closed mind is a beautiful thing to lose.