[Please CC: directly to me, I'm not subscribed]

    Hi,

    maybe a pointer to the documentation is sufficient, but does
    mysqld uses linux-threads or processes?

    And is there way to control them? After I start up mysqld I
    see 3 processes with ps. After some time (e.h. 12 hours) I
    spotted about 24 (!) of them.

    I've enabled sql logging and see that only every few seconds
    requests are comming, even more time. I never see the number
    if processes shrinking and I don't remember setting a limit
    somewhere (compared to apache where I can control this).

    On http://www.mysql.com/doc/M/y/MySQL_threads.html I found

        "Every connection has its own thread."

    A few senteces above on this page there were talks about
    tcp/ip, but I'm only using sockets for the whole time, so
    this applies there too?

    How long is the life-time of a connection if there's no
    request comming anymore? The mysqld is acesssed with PHP and
    I'm using normal mysql_connect() so connections aren't
    persisten so they should go after some time?

    thx for any hints,

        - Markus