"张善金" wrote:

> I'm sorry that my English is very week!I come from Chinese ! My computer OS is
>RedHat Linux 7.2 and the machine is intel celeron 300A 64M memory!
> the bad command message is :
<snipped>
> NOTE: This is a MySQL binary distribution. It's ready to run, you don't
> need to configure it!

Don't sweat the language issue, but I've removed all non-essential messages and
left the one that matters:  you're trying to compile something that is ready to
run.

Try:
/etc/init.d/mysql start

And, see what happens.  If that doesn't work, get the binary server or the full
source version.  RedHat has the mysql server on the CD as an RPM.  Just install
that...

Van