Dear listmembers,

I have two tables

candidate_index
candidate_skill

candidate_index hold information about the candidate like id
(autoincrement), firstName, lastName
and emailAddress.

candidate_skill has three columns
- id (autoincrement)
- candidateID
- skill

client_index has a fulltext index (firstname, lastname)
client_skill has a fulltext index (skill)

A candidate can have several skills and they are all stored in
table candidate_skill.

I want to make a fulltext search on the skills and the candidate
information.
For example enter '+perl +html +peter'.

I've tried with sql query, but it doesn't work.

SELECT
            DISTINCT candidate_index.id),
            candidate_index.firstName,
            candidate_index.lastName
FROM
            candidate_index,candidate_skill
WHERE MATCH
           (candidate_index.firstName,
            candidate_index.lastName,
            candidate_index.skill)
AGAINST
            ('+html +perl')
            AND candidate_index.id=candidate_skill.id
LIMIT 5

Does anyone have a solution for my problem?

Thanks
/Peter

Ps. Is it better to create an extra column in candidate_index
called 'everything' (longtext) and store an copy of the candidate's
skills and info in the column and then just make an fulltext on the
column. I have about 80 000 candidates and each candidate has
about about 10 skills. Ds.