At 11:43 +0200 6/26/02, Gary Colman wrote:
>Hi
>
>Paul - Thanks for your suggestion.
>Unfortunately the general query log indicates that there is
>no hint of  any external interference and it still rotates

You may not see an explict FLUSH LOGS query.  Do you seen any
lines that say "Refresh" after a connect event?  That's what
appears in the log if someone executes "mysqladmin reload",
which causes a reload without an explicit query.  Something like
this:

Time                 Id Command    Argument
020626  9:31:26       1 Connect     root@localhost on
                       1 Refresh
                       1 Quit