New "binary" character set should appear in next release.
It provides case-sensitive comparisons. It even doesn't
require recompiling mysqld, you need just to put binary.conf
file into /share directory of mysql installation, then restart
mysqld with "--default-character-set=binary" argument.
If you would like me to send binary.conf file, please let me know.

--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/