Kaming,
Tuesday, July 02, 2002, 10:00:00 AM, you wrote:

K> I have a problem about the access permission of mysql. I found that the
K> mysql client will be denied by the mysql server even I have granted the
K> permission already. The mysql client has already run and can connect to
K> the mysql server before... I am not sure what the problem is and so I
K> just run flush privileges again and everything work fine after that. I
K> have repeated this action several times.... I tried to use myisamchk to
K> check the "mysql" database or even delete and recreate it again.... But
K> the problem still exist after I run the mysql server for a period of
K> time... the mysql client will be denied to connect the server again...
K> Did anyone faced that problem before?? Can anyone please give me some
K> advices about that??

You gave not complete info...
How did you set up permissions? (using GRANT statement or manually).
What is your MySQL server version? What OS do you use?
What are the permissions for your user? Is there any conflict entries
in the privilege tables?

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov
       <___/   www.mysql.com